Elevate the realism and natural beauty of your aquarium or terrarium with Elder Roots, the perfect addition for any nature enthusiast looking to add intricate detail and texture to their underwater world. Made from real roots, Elder Roots are our top-selling product, offering a unique and versatile option for your aquatic or land-based habitats.
With each root being unique, Elder Roots add incredible depth and dimension to your nature layout, making them an essential ingredient to enhance the sensation of real nature in your aquarium or terrarium. The flexibility of Elder Roots is unmatched, allowing for easy manipulation and customization to create unique and beautiful designs.
Elder Roots come in a mix of shapes, curves, thicknesses, and lengths, providing an incredible range of possibilities for your designs. These roots are strong enough to support plants and moss, adding another layer of realism to your underwater world. Their very dark color is an excellent material for terrariums or underwater layouts, bringing a sense of wabi-sabi to your nature creation.
But the benefits of Elder Roots don’t stop there. These roots are a natural source of tannins, which can help lower pH and provide a healthier environment for fish and aquatic plants. Tannins also create a natural and authentic look to the water, similar to what you would find in natural rivers and streams like the Amazon.
To use Elder Roots in your aquarium or terrarium, rinse them with water before use to remove any dust or debris. Elder Roots have been heat-treated and dehydrated, these roots are extremely durable and long-lasting. To restore their flexibility, simply soak them in water for 24 hours before use.
In conclusion, Elder Roots are the perfect addition to your nature creation, offering unmatched flexibility and an incredible range of possibilities for your designs. These roots are durable, long-lasting, and provide a natural source of tannins to help maintain a healthy and authentic environment for your aquatic organisms.
– Enhances the realism and detail of your nature layout
– Each root is unique and flexible
– Strong enough to support plants and moss
– Comes in a mix of shapes, curves, thicknesses, and lengths for a versatile option
– Color: Very dark brown
– Material: Real roots
– Size: Various sizes available, ranging from thin to very thin, 10-40cm
– Water hardness: Does not affect water hardness.
– Packing: Available in bags of 250 gr.
- To restore their flexibility, simply soak them in water for 24 hours before use.
- Rinse the roots with water before use to remove any dust or debris.
- To prevent buoyancy, use rocks, anchors, or other objects to weigh down the roots in the initial setup until they become waterlogged and sink. You can also tie or glue to attach the roots to objects in the tank.
- Roots may release tannins during the initial setup, which can give the water a cognac-like color. This is a natural process and not harmful to aquarium organisms. To control the amount of tannins in the water, do frequent water changes.
- If you want to reduce the amount of tannins released during the initial setup, you can boil the roots in water for a few hours or submerge them in water for a month prior to use in the aquarium.
- Saprolegnia, a type of white fungus, may appear on the surface of the roots during the initial setup. If this occurs, use a small tube to scrape and suction it out frequently until it disappears, which normally takes about a month.
- Made from 100% natural wood.
- Safe for fish, shrimps, and other aquatic animals.